NEW DELHI, OCTOBER 17: Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Kolkata has released the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2019 tutorial on October 17, Wednesday. The tutorial aims to help the candidates to understand CAT exam pattern and the corresponding format of answers. CAT, the national level management entrance exam, will be conducted on November 25 for three hours. The admit card will be available for download from October 24 onwards.
The usage of the online calculator and timer can be checked from this mock test. However, it should be kept in mind that the tutorial is meant for the purpose of practice only. The questions should be taken for reference only.
IIM CAT 2018 exam pattern
CAT will comprise the following three sections:
- Section I- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Section II- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Section III- Quantitative Ability
CAT will be a computer-based test. The test-takers will be given a total of 180 minutes to complete the paper. A total of 100 questions will be asked. Three marks will be given for every correct answer, whereas one mark will be deducted for every wrong response in MCQs. There will be no negative marking for Non-MCQs or Type In The Answer (TITA). One hour will be allotted to them for answering questions in each section. They cannot switch from one section to another on their own.
The result of CAT is expected to be declared in the second week of January. Candidates, who will qualify the entrance exam, will be eligible for admission to management programmes including EPGP, PGPBM, PGPEX, PGP, PGDM and PGPEM at IIMs and other business schools. Reservation of seats across the participating institutes will be as per the Government of India regulations.
What’s new in CAT this year?
- More than 2.41 lakh candidates have applied for the entrance test.
- This year, CAT will be held across 147 cities of India. The number was 140 last year. Mizoram and Nagaland are the two newly added states this year.
- Last year, the application fee was Rs. 1800 for General/NC-OBC candidates and Rs. 900 for SC, ST & PWD candidates. But this year, the registration fee has been increased to Rs. 1900 and Rs. 950 respectively.
- The newly added modes of payment include BillDesk, PayU and Paytm.
- From academic session 2018-19 onwards, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi will also be accepting the score of CAT for MBA admissions. The School of Management and Entrepreneurship of the university will offer the programmes.