IMI Executive MBA: The Executive Post Graduate programme offered by International Management Institute (IMI), New Delhi is designed for mid level executives who want to enhance their managerial skills. It also includes a 5-week international study trip. The AMBA accredited programme is conducted for 15 months and aspirants are required to have at least 5 years of work experience to be considered for admission. IMI Executive MBA requires applicants to submit scores of either CAT, GMAT or XAT along with the application form by the end of October. To know more about IMI Executive MBA, admission process, selection procedure and eligibility criteria read the article below.
IMI Executive MBA- Overview
|Programme Name||Executive Post Graduate programme|
|Course fee||Rs 11 lakhs|
|Application window||Fourth week of October (Tentative)|
|Selection||CAT/GMAT/XAT, Personal Interview|
IMI Executive MBA Dates:
|Date name||Dates (tentative)|
|Application closes||October 31|
IMI Executive MBA Eligibility
IMI executive MBA has certain eligibility requirements that students have to follow for admission. Here are the eligibility criteria of IMI Executive programme:
- Academic Qualification: Candidates should have a three-year Bachelors degree from a university recognised by the Association of Indian Universities. They should have scored at least 50%.
- Score: Candidates need to have appeared and received a score of any of the three management entrance exams- CAT, GMAT and XAT.
- Work Experience: Candidates should have at least five years of professional experience.
IMI Executive MBA Fee
The IMI executive MBA is a 15-month long course. The tuition fee for the programme is Rs 11 lakhs which can be paid in installments. The fee includes tuition fee, reading material, library fee, computer Alumni fee and security deposit. Here is the break-up of the fee structure for IMI Executive MBA:
|Fee||1st year||2nd year||3rd year||Total|
|Tuition fee||Rs 3,44,000||Rs 3,28,000||Rs 4,28,000||Rs 11,00,000|
IMI Executive MBA Selection Process
IMI Executive MBA’s selection process includes a personal interview after shortlisting students on the basis of their CAT/GMAT or written test scores. Each factor has its own weight. The steps are explained below.
- Academic and professional profile: Candidates should have a strong academic and professional record have an edge in the selection process of IMI Executive MBA process.
- Recommendation: Candidates who are sponsored by PSUs or any other private organisation have to show recommendations for their family.
- Score: IMI accepts scores of exams like CAT, GMAT and XAT for entry into the executive programme. There is no minimum requirement for the same.
- Personal Interview: Once the students are selected based on their scores and academic profile, they have to appear for a personal interview round.
IMI Executive MBA Application Process
The IMI Executive MBA’s application forms are available online. The registration process starts by September and ends by the last week of October. The application fee can be paid online for the programme. The steps to apply are explained below:
1.Online registration: The first step of applying to the executive MBA programme of IMI is to register. Applicants by entering their name and contact details like email address and mobile number.
2.Submit application details: Candidates have to submit their details regarding academic and professional information. They also have to fill details about their scores of GMAT, CAT and XAT.
- Upload documents: Applicants need to upload copies of their official documents like sponsorship certificates.
After the information is submitted, candidates have to pay the online application fee. The amount of Rs. 2200, it can be paid through netbanking, credit and debit card.
IMI Executive MBA Documents required:
Along with the details, candidates also have to upload documents as proof of the information provided by them. Following are some of the documents required at the time of applying.
- Bachelors’ mark sheet
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Caste certificate, if applicable
- Work experience certificates
- Sponsorship certificate
IMI Executive MBA exam cities:
As mentioned above, students who are selected in the first stage are called for the personal interview round at exam centres in specific cities. The interviews are generally held in Bangalore, Kolkata and Mumbai. The city is allotted as per the preference of the applicants, which they have to enter at the time of the application.
IMI Executive MBA Course Structure
The executive MBA programme of IMI is 15 months long. Of this, 5 weeks are spent at an IMI’s gloabal partner’s campus and 5 weeks are dedicated to field project completion. Those opting out of the global experience, have to spend just 5 weeks on field experience. There are four terms in total. The institute also provides a wide range of electives. Here is a break-up of the subjects:
|1||· Data Interpretation for Managers
· Financial Reporting and Analysis
· Financial Markets
· Managing People at Work
· IT for Managers
· Micro Economics
· Legal Aspects of Business
· Managerial Communications
· Assessing and Creating Customer Value
|2||· Competition and Strategy
· Macro Economics
· Corporate Finance
· Human Resource Systems and Processes
· Delivering and Managing Customer Value
· Strategic Operations Management
· Research Method in Management
· Management Information System
|3||· Managerial Accounting for Decision Making
· Corporate Governance
· International Business
|4||· Sustainable Development|
IMI Executive MBA – Points to note
Here are few points to note about the executive programme offered by IMI:
- IMI offers Executive Post Graduate programme
- The programme is only conducted for 15 months. 5 weeks are spent in a global study trip at a foreign university and another 5 on field experience.
- Students have to appear for a personal interview after they are shorlisted at specific exam centres in Bangalore, Kolkata and Mumbai.
- IMI Executive MBA accepts CAT, GMAT and XAT scores. Applicants have to submit these scores to be shorlisted for the next round.
- Applicants have at least 5 years of experience and should have scored 50% in their Bachelor’s.
- The registration fee for the programme is Rs. Rs.2200.
- The application process starts in September and ends in the last week of February.