IIM Trichy Executive MBA: The Indian Institute of Management, Tiruchirappalli offers Post Graduate Programme in Business Management (PGPBM) to mid-level and senior professionals. It is a 24-month course with classes held only during weekends. The IIM Trichy Executive MBA programme includes one industry project along with 18 core and 15 elective subjects of study. Candidates need to have at least three years of experience in the professional field. Applications for the programme close by the first week of June. Candidates are selected through a written test and interview for admission to the programme. CAT and GMAT programme are also accepted. Read the article below to know more about the IIM Trichy Executive MBA and its admission process.
IIM Trichy Executive MBA- Overview
|Programme Name||Post Graduate Programme in Business Management (PGPBM)|
|Course fee||Rs. 11,80,000|
|Application closing date||June 4 (tentative)|
|Selection process||CAT/GMAT/Written test and Interview|
IIM Trichy Executive MBA Dates:
|Date name||Dates (tentative)|
|Application closes||First week of June|
|Admit cards||First week of June|
|Written test||Second week of June|
|Personal interview||Third week of June|
|Results||Last week of June|
|Class starts||Second week of August|
IIM Trichy Executive MBA Eligibility
Candidates applying for IIM Trichy executive MBA programme have to fulfil a few eligibility criteria of the institute. The institute applies the reservation policy of the government. The eligibility criteria of the institute are explained below:
- Academic criteria: Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50%. For OBC, ST, SC, and Physically handicapped applicants, the criteria is 45%.
- Professional Experience: Applicants are required to have at least 3 years of work experience in full-time positions.
IIM Trichy Executive MBA Fee
The IIM Trichy executive MBA programme is a 24 month programmes. Students have to deposit a caution fee of Rs.10,000 included in the tuition fee, which is refunded later. The total tuition fee for the programme is over Rs. 11 lakh.
|Tuition fee||Rs. 11,80,000|
|Application fee||Rs. 2000|
IIM Trichy Executive MBA Selection Process
The IIM Trichy Executive MBA selection process includes a written test conducted by the institute and a personal interview. The steps are explained below.
- Score: IIM Trichy accepts scores of management entrance tests like CAT and GMAT.
- Written test: Aspirants who cannot show score of CAT or GMAT for the IIM Trichy Executive MBA have to appear for a written test. The test would be held for 150 minutes and include test a candidate’s quantitative ability, verbal ability, data interpretation, and logical reasoning skills. Candidates with CAT or GMAT score can also appear for the written test.
- Personal Interview: Candidates who pass the written test for IIM Trichy Executive MBA or are shortlisted from their CAT/GMAT scores are called for the personal interview. The final selection is made considering the weight of each round. The weightage is as follows:
|Written Test Score||40%|
|Performance at Undergraduate level||15%|
IIM Trichy Executive MBA Application Process
Aspirants can apply for IIM Trichy Executive MBA is offline. However,the application form for the same can be downloaded online. The completed applications have to reach the institute by the first week of June. Candidates have to fill their academic and professional qualification details along with contact information in the application form.
Payment of application fee
The application fee has to be paid online through a Demand Draft(DD). The DD number has to be mentioned in the application form at the time of dispatching it. For general category students, the application fee is Rs.2000, while for OBC, ST, SC and DAP it is Rs. 100. The demand draft should be in the favour of:
“IIMT Chennai Centre”, SB A/c. No. 50100011400101; IFSC Code: HDFC0002086 of HDFC Bank, Tiruverumbur Branch, Tiruchirappalli.
IIM Trichy Executive MBA Course Structure
The IIM Trichy Executive MBA programme hs 5 terms in total. Each student has to complete 51 credits to be offered the executive MBA degree.
|Term 5||· Indian Economy and Policy
· Competition and Strategy
· Management Accounting
· Management Information Systems
List of elective subjects:
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Management
- Organization Behavior& Human Resources Management
- Quantitative Techniques & Operations Management
- Finance and Accounting
- Management Information Systems
- General Management
- Economics & Public Policy
IIM Trichy Executive MBA – Points to note
Here are few points to note about the executive programme offered by IIM Trichy:
- The Post Graduate Programme in Business Management (PGPBM) is a 24-month programme offered by IIM Trichy.
- Students have to appear for a written test or submit scores of CAT, GMAT
- Candidates should have minimum 3 years of experience in full-time professional positions.
- Applications for the programme close by the first week of June.
- Candidates should have minimum 50% in Bachelors. OBC, ST, SC and PwD students can have 45%.