IIM Shillong Executive MBA: The Indian Institute of Management, Shillong offers a 14-months long Executive programme with special focus on Managing Business in India and China. Called the Post Graduate Program for Executives – Managing Business (PGPEx-MBIC) in India and China, the programmme includes sessions in Mandarin, culture and tradition. Students are sent for an intensive internship to China. Entry to the IIM Shillong Executive MBA is done through CAT or GMAT scores. Candidates should have at least 5 years of experience before applying. To know more about IIM Shillong Executive MBA, admission process, selection procedure and eligibility criteria read the article below.
IIM Shillong Executive MBA- Overview
|Programme Name||Post Graduate Program for Executives – Managing Business (PGPEx-MBIC)|
|Application window||First week of March to last week of April|
|Selection||CAT/GMAT Personal Interview|
IIM Shillong Executive MBA Dates:
The admission process for the executive MBA programme of IIM Shillong begins in the first week of March. Although aspirants should start checking the website from the last week of February itself. Here are the tentative dates.
|Date name||Dates (tentative)|
|Application starts||March 8|
|Application closes||April 30|
IIM Shillong Executive MBA Eligibility
IIM Shillong executive MBA has certain eligibility requirements that students have to follow for admission. Here are the eligibility criteria of IIM Shillong Executive programme:
- Bachelors: Applicants must show proof of having at least a 3-year Bachelors degree. The bachelor’s can be in any discipline.
- Score: Candidates have to show scores of CAT and GMAT.
- Work Experience: Applicants should be able to show at least five years of work experience.
- Age limit: Students should be maximum 35 years of age at the time of applying for the programme.
IIM Shillong Executive MBA Selection Process
IIM Shillong’s selects students for the Post Graduate Program for Executives – Managing Business (PGDM-MBIC) on the basis of CAT/GMAT score and personal interview. The steps are explained below.
- Professional profile: Aspirants are required to show a strong academic and professional track. Candidates who had previously held managerial and leadership positions would have an edge.
- Score: Admission to IIM Shillong Executive MBA is done through CAT or GMAT scores. CAT score should not be more than 1 year old and GMAT more than 3 years old.
- Personal Interview: After applicants are shortlisted from the first list from their CAT/GMAT scores, they are called for a personal interview.
IIM Shillong Executive MBA Application Process
The IIM Shillong Executive MBA’s application forms are available online. The registration process starts by September and ends by the last week of October. The application fee can be paid online for the programme. The steps to apply are explained below:
1.Online registration: To apply to IIM Shillong Executive MBA programme, applicants have to first register with the business school. Applicants can sign in by entering their email id and password.
2.Submit details: Applicants have to enter details about their academic and professional qualifications. They also have to fill details about their scores of in CAT or GMAT.
- Upload documents: After submitting the details, candidates have to upload scanned copies of their documents. These might be mark sheets and work experience certificates.
Candidates have to pay the application fee in the online mode through netbanking, credit and debit card. The registration fee is Rs. 3000.
IIM Shillong Executive MBA Documents required:
Applicants have to upload documents related to the information in the online application form. Here are some of the documents required:
- Offer letter
- Relieving letter
- Bachelors’ mark sheet
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Caste certificate, if applicable
IIM Shillong Executive MBA Course Structure
The executive MBA programme of IIM Shillong is 14 months long and is divided into 5 modules. This includes, classes at the IIM Shillong campus, Internship in China, internship in India and an independent course of study. The business school offers around 40 electives. Here is a break up of the course structure:
|1||· Self and Leadership Communication-I
· IT Tools for Managers
· Marketing Management I
· Competitive Strategy
· Management Accounting I
· Management Accounting II
· Statistics for Decision Making
|2||· Self and Leadership Communication- II
· Information System for Organizational Performance
· Marketing Management II
· Corporate Strategy for Organizational growth
· Financial Management I
· Financial Management II
· Contemporary Management Research
|3||· China and the World Economy
· Chinese Business Law
· Chinese Consumer Behavior
· Capital Market in China
· Chinese Culture
· Advanced Chinese Language
· Corporate Lectures on Manufacturing Practices in China
|4||· Business and Sustainability
· Legal and Constitutional Aspects of Business
· Culture and Behavior
· Six Electives
|5||· Cultural Aspects of CSR & Ethics
· Strategy for Emerging Economies
· Remaining Electives
· Capstone course
IIM Shillong Executive MBA Placements:
Students pursuing IIM Shillong Executive MBA can expect to have an edge in the Asian job market, especially in companies which cover the Chinese and Indian markets. Here are some companies where students have been placed.
|KPMG||Jindal Steel and Power|
|Foton Motors||Mu Sigma|
|Aviva India||Smart Cube|
|CLP India||Yodlee Infotech|
|Dun & Bradstreet||Intertek|
|Go World Group (China internship)||You Hua Law Firm (China internship)|
|Fortune Investment Bank (China internship)||Tyrex International (China internship)|
IIM Shillong Executive MBA – Points to note
Here are few points to note about the executive programme offered by IIM Shillong:
- IIM Shillong offers Post Graduate Program for Executives – Managing Business (PGPEx-MBIC)
- The programme is a 14 months long residential course.
- The programme includes an intreship period in China
- Students are taught Mandarin, Chinese tradition and culture.
- IIM Shillong Executive MBA accepts CAT or GMAT scores.
- Applicants have at least 5 years of experience and should not be more than 35 years of age.
- The registration fee for the programme is Rs. 3000.
- The application process starts in the first week of March and ends in the last week of April.