IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA: The Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives(PGPx) was launched by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad in 2006. The full time residential programme is conducted over a period of a year with primary focus on accelerating the growth of executives in the corporate ladder. Applications for the IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA programme are open in two rounds. First round applications, which start in April close by the first week of September and round two closes by the first week of November. The executive MBA programme of IIM Ahmedabad includes a mandatory two-week international immersion programme at over 10 business schools across the world. To read all about IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA, admission process, selection procedure and eligibility criteria check the article below.
IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA- Overview
|Programme||Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives(PGPx|
|Application fee||Round 1: Rs.5000; Round 2: Rs. 7500|
|Application closes||Round 1: September 5
Round 2: November 5(tentative)
|Course fee||Rs. 27 lakhs|
IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA Dates:
The admission process for the executive MBA programme of IIM Ahmedabad closes in the second week of March.
|Date name||Dates (tentative) Round 1||Dates (tentative) Round 2|
|Application closes||September 5||November 5|
|Shortlisting||Sept 17||Nov 16|
|Essay topic deadline||Sept 28||Nov 26|
|Interview||Delhi: Oct 06-07
Ahmedabad: Oct 13-14
Bangalore: Oct 20-21
|Delhi: Dec 01-02
Ahmedabad: Dec 08-09
Bangalore: Dec 15-16
IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates planning to apply for IIM Ahmedabad executive MBA have to fulfil some eligibility requirements. Below are the eligibility criteria of the programme:
- Academic: Applicants should have completed minimum 15 years of education and their last degree should be at least a Bachelors in any discipline.
- Age limit: Aspirants should be minimum 25 years on 31 March of the year of application. However, IIM Ahmedabad has not set any upper age limit.
- Professional Experience: Candidates must have minimum 4 years of work experience. The average experience of most candidates joining the programme has been observed to be 8.5 years.
- Score: Candidates should be able to show GRE or GMAT scores for admission to the programme.
IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA Selection Process
The selection process of IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA includes submitting scores of a competitive exam, essay writing and a personal interview. Final selection is made after the evaluation of the candidate’s overall profile including academic and professional records. Here are the factors involved in selection:
- Professional and Academic profile: IIM Ahmedabad assesses the professional and academic profiles of candidates. Aspirants with strong backgrounds are given an edge in the competition.
- Score: Candidates have to submit scores of GMAT or GRE. The minimum score for selection has not been determined by IIM Ahmedabad. While there is no specific score requirement, according to the business school the average GMAT score for the preceding batches has been 700.
- Essay: Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of their scores and profiles, are given essay writing topics by the institute. The essays have to be submitted within the stipulated time, usually 8-10 of the date when the topics are sent.
- Personal Interview: Candidates are called for the interview round in the first week of October or first week of December, depending on the round. The interview is held at five centres across the world- Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, London and Newark.
IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA Application Process
The IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA’s application process takes places in two rounds-
1.Online application: Applicants have to first register for IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA on the official website. For this, applicants have to enter their email id, password, first name, last name, gender, date of birth, mobile number and citizenship among others. Candidates also have to select whether they are submitting GRE or GMAT scores.
- Enter details: Once the login ID and password are generated, candidates have to enter the details as required in the application form. Candidates have to enter their contact details, score details, academic qualifications and professional records.
3.Attach documents: Applicants have to attach scanned copies of their original documents like work experience proof, marksheets and score sheets among others.
- Application fee: The application fee has to be paid online through netbanking, credit or debit card. The fee for the first round of application is Rs. 5000 and Rs. 7500 for the second round.
IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA Documents required:
Here are some of the documents that have to be attached with the online application form:
- Offer letter and relieving letters showing proof of work experience
- Copy of the Bachelors degree
- Mark sheets of Class 10th
- Class 12th mark sheet
IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA: International Immersion Programme
As mentioned above candidates have to do a two-week International Immersion Programme (IIP). Below are institutes where students are sent for their IIP
- ESCP Europe Business School, Paris Campus
- The COPPEAD Graduate School of Business, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Warwick Business School, University of Warwick, UK
- Cranfield School of Management, Cranfield University, UK
- Bologna Business School, University of Bologna, Italy
- The Chapman Graduate School of Business, Florida International University, USA
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
- Moscow International Higher Business School, Russia
- Sabanci School of Management, Sabanci University, Turkey
- The Lucas Graduate School of Business, USA
- The School of Economics and Business Administration, Chongqing University, China
- The University of Stellenbosch Business School, South Africa
IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA Course Structure
The executive MBA programme of IIM Ahmedabad is a full time residential programme. the programme is divided into five terms starting from April 20 to February the next year. The programme also includes over 50 electives. Some of them are:
- Effective Management of Finance Strategy & Function (EMFSF)
- Ethics in Business Management (EBM)
- Fixed Income Markets (FIM)
- Globalising and Resurgent India through Innovative Transformation (GRIT)
- Advanced Course in Managing and Creating Creativity (ACMCC)
IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA Placements
Placements are done though the PGPx placement committee. The committee also gets support from the placement body of IIM Ahmedabad. Airtel, Microsoft, Indegene, Mastercard, Mckinsey & Co, Stellium Envista, KEC international are some of the companies which hired IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA students. of the 113 students, 98 students got placements through the institute in 2018.
IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA – Points to note
Here are few points to note about the executive programme offered by IIM Ahmedabad:
- IIM Ahmedabad offers Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives(PGPx).
- The programme is 1 year long divided into 5 terms.
- IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA accepts GRE/GMAT scores
- Applicants should have at least 4 years of experience.
- Candidates should not be less than 25 years of age.