IIFT Executive MBA: The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade(IIFT) offers three programmes under its executive MBA banner. They are Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business(EPGDIB), International Marketing(EPGDIM) and International Financial Strategies (EPGDIFS). Applications for the 13-month programme start in the first week of July and close by the first week of August. Aspirants should have at least 5 years of experience to apply for the programmes. The final certificate of the students would depend on the the electives that they take, whether in international business, marketing or finance. Read the article below to know more about the IIFT Executive MBA, important dates, selection procedure and eligibility criteria of IIFT Executive MBA programme.
IIFT Executive MBA- Overview
|Programme Name||1. Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business (EPGDIB)
2. Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Marketing (EPGDIM) 3. Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Financial Strategies (EPGDIFS)
|Course fee||Rs. 4,75,000 (50% concession for ST,SC and PH students)|
|Application fee||Rs.1500; Rs.750 for ST, SC and PH|
|Application window||July 1 to August 1 (tentative)|
|Selection||Academic and professional profile, GD, Essay and PI|
IIFT Executive MBA Dates:
|Date name||Dates (tentative)|
|Application starts||July 1|
|Application closes||August 1|
IIFT Executive MBA Eligibility
Candidates who want to apply for the IIFT executive MBA, have to make sure they fulfil the eligibility criteria of the programme. Here are the eligibility requirements of IIFT:
- Academic Qualification: Applicants should have at least a Bachelors degree from a recognised university.
- Work Experience: Candidates who have a postgraduate or engineering degree can be considered eligible with three years of work experience. Those who have a Bachelors degree would have to show 5 years of experience to be eligible. In both the cases, the experience should be in full-time positions. Candidates have to meet the work experience requirement by April 30 of the admission year.
- No objection certificate: The candidate should have a no objection certificate from the employer at the time of admission.
IIFT Executive MBA Fee
The IIFT executive MBA is a 13 month long programme. The tuition fee for the programme is Rs. 4,75,000. Here is the break-up of the fee structure for IIFT Executive MBA:
|Tuition Fee||Application fee|
|Rs. 4,75,000||General: Rs.1,500
ST, SC and PwD: Rs.750
IIFT Executive MBA Selection Process
The admission process for IIFT Executive MBA includes group discussion, essay writing and personal interview. Candidates are called for the mentioned rounds only after their academic profiling. Each factor has its own weight. The steps are explained below.
- Academic and professional profile: In the first step of the selection process, candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their academic and professional records. Note that the candidate’s work experience and level counts here.
- Group discussion: Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of their professional records are called for group discussion. In the GD round, aspirants are divided into clusters created by the institute and asked to engage in a discussion on a topic given by IIFT.
- Essay writing: Along with the group discussion, students also have to write an essay on a topic decided by the admissions panel.
- Personal Interview: Students shortlisted in the above mentioned rounds have to appear for a personal interview round. The final selection is made basis scores received in the all the factors.
IIFT Executive MBA Application Process
The application process for IIFT Executive MBA is online. Aspirants have to first register for the programme at the official website of IIFT. The steps to apply are explained below:
- Register online: Aspirants have to register with IIFT by entering their name, email ID, and contact details.
- Login ID: After they are registered, they can use their user ID and password to login into their application page.
- Enter details: Candidates have to submit their professional and academic details in the application form. Besides that, applicants have to enter their permanent addresses, contact details and work experience details.
- Upload documents: After they enter the required details, candidates have to upload scanned copies of their official documents as proof for the information provided.
- Payment: After the application process is completed, candidates have to pay the application fee through the online mode. The application fee is Rs. 1500 for General category students and Rs.750 for ST, SC and PwD students.
IIFT Executive MBA Documents required:
As mentioned above, candidates have to upload documents supporting the details entered in the application form. Following are some of the documents required at the time of applying.
- Bachelors’ marksheet
- Marksheet of 10th
- Marksheet of 12th
- Scanned signature
- Passport sized Photograph
- Caste certificates, if any
- No objection certificate from the employer
- Work experience certificates including relieving letter and offer letter.
IIFT Executiove MBA Course Structure
The executive MBA offered by IIFT is divided into three semesters spanning from August to September the next year. In the first two semesters, the subjects International Business and International Marketing are same but change in the third semester. The classes are usually conducted during weekends. However, the first week of each semester is conducted throughout the week. All the three programmes include study visits to foreign locations. Here is how the course is divided:
Course structure for semester 1 and 2 for International Business and International Marketing
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|· Accounting for Managers
· Business Economics
· Business Statistics
· Fundamentals of International Management
· Global Business Environment
· IT Applications in Management
· Macro Economics
· Marketing Management
|· Financial Management
· Human Resource Management
· International Economics
· International Marketing Management
· International Trade Operations & Documentation
· Strategic Management
· Supply Chain Management
Semester 1 and 2 for International Financial Strategies
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|· Global Strategic Management
· Cost Management Strategies
· Economics of Pricing
· Research Methodology
· Macro-Economic Policies
· International Marketing Strategies
· Analysis of Financial Statements
|· Equity Market Analysis
· Bond Market Strategies
· Commodity Market Strategies
· Corporate Financial Strategies
· Investment Banking
· Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate Restructuring
· Visit to Domestic Financial Institutions
IIFT Executive MBA – Points to note
Here are few points to note about the executive programme offered by IIFT:
- IIFT offers three programmes in its executive course- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business (EPGDIB), Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Marketing (EPGDIM), and Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Financial Strategies (EPGDIFS)
- The programme is only conducted during weekends
- It is a 13 month long programme.
- Students have to appear for a group discussion, personal interview and write an essay.
- Undergraduate applicants must have at least 5 years of experience and postgraduates should have 3 years.
- Candidates have to upload their photograph, work experience certificates and caste certificates at the time of application.
- The registration fee is Rs. 1500 for General applicants and Rs. 750 for SC, ST and PwD aspirants.