Great Lakes Executive MBA: Mid-level professionals with at least 8 years of experience can apply for the executive programme of Great Lakes Business school. The Post-Graduate Executive Program in Management or PGXPM is offered for two years and guides students with senior-level managerial skills. Since, it is a general management programme it offers electives in Marketing, Finance and Operations among others. Great Lakes Executive MBA accepts CAT, XAT, GMAT, MAT and CMAT scores for admission. Candidates without the mentioned scores have to appear for GREAT. The AMBA-accredited programme is divided into 8 terms of 3 months each. Candidates can apply for the programme online. Aspirants can know more about the executive MBA programme of Great Lakes including, eligibility criteria, tuition fee, selection process and important admission dates by reading the article below.
Great Lakes Executive MBA- Overview
|Programme Name||Post Graduate executive Program in Management or PGXPM|
|Course fee||Rs. 8,00,000 + 18% GST
|Application fee||Rs. 1500|
|Scores accepted||CAT, GMAT, MAT, XAT, GREAT etc|
Great Lakes Executive MBA – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates aiming for admission to Great Lakes Executive MBA programme have to fulfil the eligibility criteria set by the business school. Here the requirements posted by Great Lakes, that needs to be fulfilled before applying to the programme.
- Academic Qualification: Candidate should have completed minimum 3 years of education with a Bachelor’s degree. They should have at least 50% throughout 10th to Bachelor’s
- Work Experience: Applicants are required to have minimum 8 years of experience till July 31 of the year of application. Candidates should working at the time of application.
- Agreement: Self-sponsored candidates have to present an in-principle agreement with their employers
Great Lakes Executive MBA Scores accepted
The Great Lakes Executive MBA accepts the below mentioned scores:
Candidates who cannot show the above mentioned scores have to appear for the business school’s own management test- GREAT. Candidates who qualify this would be called for the next round of admission.
Great Lakes Executive – MBA Fee
The Great Lakes executive MBA programme charges Rs.8 lakhs for the two-year course. However, lodging fee is separate.
|Great Lakes programme fee||Rs. 8,00,000 + 18% GST|
|Application fee||Rs. 1500|
Great Lakes Executive MBA Selection Process
The Great Lakes Executive MBA selection process includes test and personal interview.
- Profile: Great Lakes evaluates the academic and professional profile of candidates before considering their scores in management entrance tests.
- Score: The institute accepts scores of exams like CAT, GMAT, MAT, CMAT and XAT for admission. Aspirants who are shortlisted on the basis of their scores are called for the second round.
- GREAT: Candidates who cannot show any of the above mentioned scores have to appear for GREAT, a written test conducted by the business school. Those who are shortlisted are called for further rounds.
- Personal Interview: Shortlisted candidates are called for the interview process of Great Lakes. Those who qualify this are called offered admission in the final list. Both the scores of the student and their personal interview is taken into consideration at the time of shortlisting final candidates.
Great Lakes Executive MBA – Application Process
The application process of Great Lakes Executive MBA is online. Students can register with the business school to apply. The steps are explained below:
Registration: The applicant has to first register with the Great Lakes Executive MBA programme. They must use Internet Explorer (10-11), Mozilla Firefox (48-59) and Google Chrome (50-64). Candidates can register by submitting their name and contact details.
Enter details: After logging in with their username and password, candidates have to enter their professional and academic details. They also have to enter details of the scores in CAT, MAT , XAT, GMAT etc.
Statement of Purpose: Candidates also have to write a Statement of Purpose for 500 words, explaining why they want to pursue the programme with Great Lakes.
Great Lakes Executive MBA: Important Dates
Great Lakes Institute of Management admits Executive MBA applicants through two admission cycles. For a particular admission year, the first interview round is conducted in the December month of previous year and and the second in the February month of the admission year. The city-wise dates for each cycle are announced along with applications.
Great Lakes Executive MBA: Documents required
All the docuements that the required in the admission process have to be attached in PDF, doc, docx or JPEG format. Here are the list of documents required.
- Score proof of CAT, XAT, MAT or any other score accepted by Great Lakes Executive MBA
- Academic marksheets pertaining to Bachelor’s
- Academic marksheets pertaining to 10th and 12th
- Appointment and relieving letters, to show proof of 8 years of experience.
- Statement of Purpose
Great Lakes Executive MBA – Course Structure
An interesting part of the Great Lakes Executive MBA programme is that students are also taught Mandarin along with the other subjects at each term. As mentioned earlier, the course is divided into 8 terms. Some of the programmes in the 8 terms are given below:
Mandatory courses in Great Lakes Executive MBA programme
Great Lakes Executive MBA – Points to note
Here are few points to note about the executive programme offered by Great Lakes:
- The Post Graduate executive Program in Management or PGXPM is a 24-month long programme.
- The course accepts CAT, XAT, MAT, GMAT scores among others.
- Students can also appear for the GREAT written test conducted by the institute
- Candidates have to submit a 500-word SOP along with their applications
- Candidates should have at least 8 years of experience
- There are no specific dates to apply online for the programme.