FMS Delhi Executive MBA: The Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) Delhi offers the Master of Business Administration (MBA) Executive to executives who want to enhance their managerial skills. The FMS Executive MBA is a two-year programme covered through evening classes. FMS offers seats to 159 students through a General Ability Test, Extempore and Personal Interview. Candidates with at least 5 years of experience can apply for the executive MBA of FMS. However, candidates with experience more than that of 5 years would get 2 points for every extra year at the time of selection. The application process and fee payment method for the programme is online. Aspirant can start applying by the first week of October. Read the article below to know more about the FMS Executive MBA, important dates, selection procedure and eligibility criteria of FMS Executive MBA programme.
FMS Executive MBA- Overview
|Programme Name||Master of Business Administration (MBA) Executive|
|Duration||2 year (Executive)|
|Application fee||Rs.1000; Rs.350 for ST, SC and PwD|
|Application window||October 8 to November 20 (tentative)|
|Selection||GAT, Extempore, PI|
FMS Executive MBA Dates:
|Date name||Dates (tentative)|
|Application starts||October 8|
|Application closes||November 20|
FMS Executive MBA Eligibility
Candidates interested in applying for the FMS executive MBA, have to first fulfil the eligibility criteria of FMS Executive programme. The points below explains the eligibility requirements of the business school:
- Professional Experience: Candidates should have at least 5 years of managerial or executive level experience prior to applying for the programme.
- Academic Qualification: Applicants should have scored at least 45% in their Bachelors from any discipline. They should have at least 12 years of school education.
- Sponsored employee: Applicants should be sponsored or have no-objection certificate
FMS Delhi Executive MBA Fee
The FMS executive MBA is a two-year programme conducted only in evenings. The tuition fee for the programme is lower than that of the executive management courses offered by most business schools including IIM. Here is the break-up of the fee structure for FMS Executive MBA:
|Nationality||Tuition Fee||Application fee|
|Indian Nationals||Rs. 50,000+ Rs.1000 (Library fee)||General, OBC, CW: Rs.1,000
ST, SC and PwD: Rs.350
FMS Executive MBA Selection Process
The selection process for FMS Executive MBA includes GAT, Extempore and a personal interview. The institute also looks into the candidate’s academic and professional profile. Each factor has its own weight. The steps are explained below.
- GAT score: The first step in the selection process of FMS executive programme is the written test called General Aptitude Test(GAT). GAT includes questions from management aptitude and General Awareness. FMS announces the date and time for the same.
- Extempore: Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of their GAT score are called for an Extempore round. This round is conducted individually.
- Personal Interview: The same candidate of extempore are also called for personal interview.
- Academic and professional experience: The institute factors in the candidate’s academic and professional profiles. Here is the weight given to each factor at the time of selection:
|GAT score||30||Management Aptitude and General Awareness|
|Academic experience||20||2 marks for every 5% marks over 40%|
|Professional experience||20||2 marks for every year extra over 5 years|
FMS Executive MBA: Seat reservation
|Category||Number of seats|
|Supernumerary seats||PwD: 8; CW: 8|
FMS Executive MBA Application Process
Application for FMS Executive MBA can be done online. To apply aspirants have to register for the programme at the official application portal of FMS. The steps to apply are explained below:
- Register online: Aspirants have to register online by entering their name, email ID, mobile number, password, state, city and Captcha code.
- Login: Once their user ID and password are generated, they have to login using the same details.
- Submit details: Applicants have to enter their academic and professional details.
- Upload documents: Candidates have to upload their passport sized photograph, signature, work experience certificates and caste certificate, if applicable.
- Payment: Candidates have to pay the application fee online through netbanking as well as credit/debit card.
- Note application number: Candidates should note down the application number. The number would be the reference point for any further correspondence with FMS.
FMS Executive MBA Documents required:
Candidates have to upload certain documents at the time of applying. Following are the documents required. Copies of the same have to be self attested before being uploaded.
- Passport sized Photograph
- Scanned signature
- Caste certificates, if any
- 10th marksheet
- 12th marksheet
- Bachelors’ marksheet
- Copies of work experience like offer letter, relieving letter etc. The same should justify at least 5 years of work experience.
FMS Executiove MBA Course Structure
The FMS Executive MBA programme is divided into four terms. The semesters are divided across the two years. The programme has a total of 1120 hours. It includes 19 core subjects and 9 electives. Here is how the course is divided:
|Year||1st and 3rd semester||2nd and 4th semester||Number of course|
|1 st year||7||0||7||0||14|
FMS Executive MBA – Points to note
Here are few points to note about the executive programme offered by FMS:
- The Master of Business Administration (MBA) Executive is a two-year programme.
- The programme is only conducted in the evening
- The total number of seats on offer is 159
- Students have to appear fro GAT, Extempore and a personal interview to be selected.
- Candidates should have at least 5 years of experience
- Applicants should have at least 45% in their Bachelors
- candidates should have their passport sized photograph, scanned signature, work experience certificates and caste certificates ready before applying.
- The application fee is Rs. 1000 for general, OBC and CW students. It is Rs. 350 for SC, ST and PwD students.
- The programme is conducted through 1120 hours of classes.