JEE Main 2019 – The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2019 will be held in the first week of April 2019 by CBSE. To grant admission to engineering courses offered by participating institutes which include IITs, IIITs, NITs and GFTIs. Check complete details about JEE Main 2019 application form, eligibility, exam pattern, rank list, counselling, seat allotment and more from the article below.
JEE Main 2019 Important Dates
As announced in the information brochure, all the important dates of JEE Main 2019 are as below:
|Release of Information Brochure||First week of December 2018|
|Online Registration starts||First week of December 2018|
|Online Registration ends||First/second week of January 2019|
|Application Form Correction Schedule||Fourth week of January 2019|
|Admit Card release||Second week of March 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 testing||First/second week of April 2019|
|Answer Key Available on Official Website||Third week of April 2019|
|Announcement of JEE Main 2019 Result and Top 150000 eligible entrants for JEE Advanced||Fourth week of April 2019|
|Publication of Rank List||Fourth week of June 2019|
|JEE Advanced 2019 exam||Fourth week of May 2019|
|Release of JEE Advanced 2019 AIR||Second week of June 2019|
|Counselling starts from||Fourth week of June 2019|
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Fulfilling the eligibility criteria is a must for all the candidates because the admission will be subjected to it. The norms of JEE Main 2019 eligibility criteria to be satisfied are as below:
Age Limit: Candidate should not be born before 1 October 1994. However, the limit for the SC/ST/PwD candidates is 1 October 1989.
Education Qualification: The qualifying examination should have been passed in 2017 or 2018. However, candidates writing 10+2/equivalent exams in 2019 may also apply.
In the qualifying exam, candidates must have had Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects among five subjects.
Number of Attempts: Each candidate is entitled to take JEE Main 2019 three times only.
Some Crucial Points to Note:
- Candidates, who did not pass in qualifying exam in 2016 but retook the exam in 2017 and passed, are not eligible.
- Candidates who did not qualify 10+2 exam in 2018 and are reappearing for it 2019, are required to rewrite the exam of all the 5 subjects.
- The state level exam of Odisha has been scrapped because now JEE Main 2019 scores will be considered for admission in the colleges in the state. However, the age limit and the number of attempts will remain the same as the past year. This is not applicable to NITs, IIITs and GFTIs
- Maharashtra state will conduct its own paper, MT CET, for admissions.
JEE Main 2019 Application From
The application procedure for JEE Main 2019 will be concluded in the second week of January 2019. The application window remains open for a month beginning the first week of December 2018.
Then, in the third week of January 2019, the board will open the JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction window. Through it, candidates will be able to make corrections, in their filled application form. However, it should be noted, that the provision to alter the exam center and mode of the exam will not be available.
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
The admit card of JEE Main 2019 will be released in the second week of March. To download it, candidates will have to submit the application number and the date of birth and apart from downloading it online, there is no other medium to acquire it. Candidates are required to carry their admit card on the examination day and along it, they must also carry the required documents. To know more about JEE Main 2019 admit card and the documents to be carried along it, click on the heading of this paragraph.
Candidates who cannot download their admit card due to mismatch details, in their name, with their Board data and JEE Main data will soon be able to make corrections. CBSE will provide another chance to candidates, by opening JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction facility, and then candidates will be able to download the admit card. We will inform you as soon as the facility will be provided.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of JEE Main 2019 Paper-I is as given below:
- The paper will be conducted online and offline. However, a candidate can write the exam in one mode only. Those, who will by default appear for both the mode, will find their candidature cancelled.
- The question paper of JEE Main 2019 will be available in Hindi and English. However, candidates writing the exam in Gujarat, Daman & DIU, Nagar Haveli and Dadra will be able to write it in Gujarati as well. Candidates were required to submit the choice of language during the form filling.
- Each candidate will have 3 hours to solve the paper except for the person with 40% or more disability. They will be granted an extra hour.
- The paper will contain total 90 multiple choice questions, from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- In JEE Main 2019, for each question there will be four choices and candidates will have to mark one.
- Each question will be of four marks and for marking the incorrect answer, negative marking of 1/4 mark will be done
- A person with the disability of more than 40% may opt for a Scribe/ Reader by submitting a request application to the centre superintendent.
The exam pattern of JEE Main 2019 Paper-II is as below:
- The exam will be of 3 hours.
- It will only be held in offline or pen and paper mode.
- There will be three sections of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing.
- In Mathematics and Aptitude section there will be 30 and 40 MCQ’s, respectively. However, the Drawing section will carry 7 questions and candidates will have to attempt two.
- For each correct answer 4 marks will be allocated and as a result of negative marking 1/4 mark will be deducted, for incorrect answers.
For CBT and Pen and Paper Exam: On the day of the exam carry your Admit Card, Good Quality Ball Point Pen, Clip Board, Geometry Box Set, Pencils, Erasers and Colour Pencils or Crayons.
For CBT: The sheet to do rough work will be provided at the center.
For Pen and Pencil: Rough work should be done on Test Booklet only. Don’t put any sort of marks on the answer booklet.
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus of JEE Main 2019 is almost same as that of CBSE class 11 and 12 standards.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Centers
There will be more than 130 cities where the exam would be held. For the list of the JEE Main 2019 exam centers, click on the caption head.
JEE Main 2019 Answer Key
The official provisional answer key for JEE Main 2019 will be available from 18 to 22 April 2019. It would be open to challenges, which candidates would be able to submit by remitting Rs. 1000 per question/objection. The Board will consider these objections and then announce the result on 27 April 2019.
The unofficial bodies, like educational institutes and centers, also release the answer key. However, these answer keys are released few hours after the exam is held.
JEE Main 2019 Result
The result of JEE Main 2019 is released as score and rank. The score is only released for Paper 1 and will be announced in the last week of April.
Once the scores are officially disclosed, candidates will not be able to challenge it and the same is the case with the AIR. It also cannot be challenged. Also, candidates are required to download the scores and the rank because no JEE Main 2019 score/rank card will be dispatched to them. The scores of the candidates are calculated as per the determined marking mechanism and are announced section and overall wise. The seat will only be allocated on the basis of the merit achieved by the candidate.
JEE Main 2019 Counselling
JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is the conselling body for seats offered basis JEE Main score in top engineering institutions including NITs, IIITs, GFTIs etc. The purpose of introducing JoSAA is to provide a common platform to JEE Main 2019 and JEE Advanced 2019 candidates for the counselling. It is the joint forum of CSAB and Joint Admission Board (JAB).
The JoSAA 2019 counselling will beginin the mid of June 2019, with the choice filling procedure. The candidates will be able to submit the choices till the fourth week of June 2019.
JEE Main 2019 Participating Institutes
The exact number of institutes which accepts JEE Main 2019 score is impossible to calculate. However, last year, the counselling of JEE Main was held for more than 70 Institutions, which included 32 NITs, 18 IITs and 18 GFTIs. The number and list of NITs + System institutes this year, in JEE Main 2019, will be announced soon and we will update the article as per it.
Apart from this, various states are also accepting JEE Main 2019 score to fill all the seats. Among this list of the participating states, the latest add-ons are Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland and Odisha. On the other hand, Maharashtra has drawn back from the exam and will be conducting its own state level entrance examination for the admissions.
JEE Main 2019 – Step Ahead
The Main paper is held for the admission into NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. However, the Advanced paper is held for the admission into IITs. Only top 2 lakh entrants of JEE Main 2019 will be declared eligible to write JEE Advanced, provided they fulfill the required eligibility criteria as well. The JEE Advanced 2019 will be held in the fourth week of May 2019.
Concerned by the low enrollment ratio of girls, in prestigious engineering colleges, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has introduced a very fruitful project, UDAAN. It is an effort, to encourage higher education among girls so to empower them. The idea behind is to bridge the gap between the school education and preparation for engineering entrance examination like JEE Main 2019. To achieve it, free engineering entrance exam coaching for female students of class XI and XII, has been facilitated by the Board.
The scheme is open only for the female students, studying in any recognized Board. Under it, 1000 girls who will have an aggregate of 80% in PCM (along with 70% aggregate in all the subjects), will be given free coaching to crack IIT-JEE Advanced. Awarded girls will have full access to the online portal, in which study material related to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, will be uploaded. Tutorial and lectures will be organized and periodic counseling, to motivate girls and parents, will also be arranged. For further assistance, reward points will be given. These will be redeemable against IITs and NITs fee and will be awarded to high scorers to help them financially.